Thursday 9 March 2017

No Special Reason -#GDP077

Welcome back crafters.
Today's cards have been made for a few reasons.
 The first reason is quite special to me...R.A.K
  1. I love sending and receiving cards from friends.
  2. To try a new technique....and.... 
  3. I enjoy finding new ways to use whats considered waste!

R.A.K stands for Random Act of Kindness btw :)

#Specialreasonbundle #KOCreationscards #GDP077 #Randomactofkindness #Giftsfromtheheart #Madewithlove #Cardmaking

I have used Global Designs Project's Colour Challenge #GDP077 for my inspiration for this R.A.K set.

Now I actually have no idea what the technique is called or even if it has a name BUT Stampin' Up! have quite a few thinlits and framelits that make gorgeous flowers etc... and I have been throwing away the centres parts (petal pieces) for a while now! Then my fearless leaders other half (Bruno Bertucci) posted a little blurb with a pic.
Here is the pic (below) that got me interested in the negative image use...click HERE to be taken to the blog..

Now on this blog the lovely lady who created this design below, does mention how time consuming this is...
I didn't let that discourage me. hahaha!

I also used a piece of scratch paper that I had been 'stamping off' onto, for a card...Most of us know what stamping off is, don't we?
I quite often look at those images and wonder if I could use them, they are normally stamped higglety pigglety and it tends to look pretty darn interesting. 

Okay enough chit chat!

Here are my cards made using all bits and bobs from the Special Reason bundle (pge 42 of the occasions catty) and my scratch paper strip too!

Just a quick note...I am amazed at how different these cards turned out...All made using the same products, and colours...just different ephemera!

No Special Reason

Group Shot

#Specialreasonbundle #KOCreationscards #GDP077 #Randomactofkindness #Giftsfromtheheart #Madewithlove #Cardmaking

 For all of these cards I used an 'Avant Garden' stamp which is a FREE stamp you can get when you spend $90 during Sale-A-Bration PLUS I also used the Special Reasons bundle.

Negative Images Card

with stamped image underneath.


#Specialreasonbundle #KOCreationscards #GDP077 #Randomactofkindness #Giftsfromtheheart #Madewithlove #Cardmaking

For the background above I smooshed Bermuda Bay onto spritzed water colour paper.
I dried and repeated 3 or 4 times until I had a depth of colour I liked.
I then stamped the Avant Garden spots onto the smooshed colours while the last layer was still wet. I put aside to dry.
I cut out my images from the two colours Peekaboo Peach and Early Espresso which were applied to a left over piece of water colour paper with the smooshing technique. Drying between coloiur applications to get depth of colour.
When cut I left all of the inside pieces intact, along with the die still in position in the paper.
I gently turned over the whole lot and proceeded to add trimmed pieces of dimensionals to the back of each nagative petal and leaf piece.
This card has a really cooling and artsy feel with it..I say cooling because I think of water looking at the background lol
I made the above card first and then the card below.

Positive Images Card

With background on shimmery white

#Specialreasonbundle #KOCreationscards #GDP077 #Randomactofkindness #Giftsfromtheheart #Madewithlove #Cardmaking


 For the above card I stamped the Avant Garden spots onto a shimmery white piece cut to 10 x 14 cm, then before they dried I spread the colour with an aqua painter. The card base is Early Espresso with a layer of Peekaboo Peach.
I stamped the flower and leaf images onto the dry shimmery card after stamping off first onto a scratch strip of paper.
I then applied the positive images using the fine-tip glue pen.. I then added rhinestones, just for some glitz :)
Adding the washi tape under the sentiment gave this whole card a retro feel I noticed.
What do you think?

The scratch piece that I 'stamped off' onto is what I used for my card below.

Scratch Card

Thanks For Everything

Made using the strip of paper that has my images 'stamped off' onto it.

#Specialreasonbundle #KOCreationscards #GDP077 #Randomactofkindness #Giftsfromtheheart #Madewithlove #Cardmaking
I embossed the Thanks For Everything sentiment in white onto a Early Espresso card base. 
I trimmed up the screatch piece of card and adhered to the early esspresso base. Adding Bermuda Bay bakers twine and some of the sequins (trimmed from a length of sequibn trim) also in bermuda bay finished this card off nicely.
I held the bow in place using glue dots placed under the knot.

The only piece of waste I was left with is the piece sitting below the card!

If you would like to purchase any of the items I used to create these projects above with, then I have added them to the carousal below for your convenience.





Don't forget Sale-A-Bration is still happening! 
Until the 31st MARCH
Spend $90 to earn one FREE product. 
You can choose any of the products in the images below as your FREE item!.

1st release Catty

No automatic alt text available.

2nd Release Catty

Image may contain: text


If you live in Australia and LOVE paper Crafting of any desription or perhaps you would like to earn extra money, then Stampin Up may be just the thing you need!
I am always looking for new people with a love of papercrafting to join my team.
AND
What an AMAZING time to join Stampin Up...Not only do you get a 20% discount on all of your products for joining BUT $169 gets you $235 worth of gear- PLUS 2 free stamp sets. 
If you are a crafter, its a great time to join!!! Awesome deal too!

Click HERE  to sign up and start getting your %20 discount on all your Stampin' Up! products!


Thank you for stopping by my blog today.
I hope you have enjoyed my creative efforts.

If you ahve any questions please ask them in comments below. 
I always reply x 

10 comments:

  1. Hey Kim, I like your cards, especially the scratch card. How the colors come together is so nice. regards from the Netherlands:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Henny... Thank you for stopping by to let me know how you feel. It is very appreciated. I really enjoyed working with this colour swatch this week. Thanks from Australia :)

      Delete
  2. I agree about the "stamped off" or "practice" sheet I'm always stamping on. After a while it looks like a work of art on it's own. I think maybe I will frame one someday! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, I am always looking at my stamped off pieces :D I would love to see your practice or 'Stamped off' sheet all framed up!

      Delete
  3. I can't pick a favorite, they are all gorgeous!! I generally stamp off on grid paper, but may have to rethink that now :-)
    Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us this week and good luck with the guest designer pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula, I generally only use my grip paper for classes or if I have lots to make at one time....Otherwise I am always grabbing a cut off piece to stamp off onto, from my little handy scraps pouch lol.

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous set of cards Kim my favourite would definitely be the scratch card its so rich in colour - Thanks for playing along at Global Design Project x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)