Wednesday 8 March 2017

Get Well Soon - Top Ten Winners International Blog Hop

Image may contain: text

Welcome back crafters :)
Last month I took part in Kylie Bertucci's International  blog highlights for February and I was lucky enough to be voted into the top ten!!
WOWSERS  now that was a surprise!!
I did a little happy dance when I saw that, hehehe

Thank you to all who voted for my card "High Tide"

 I have been invited to take part in the Top 10 Winners Blog Hop.
Our theme is "Get Well Soon" as it ties in with the Feb highlights.
You are currently here with me, Kim Oliver

Now moving along....
 I have seen on a FB page recently a card that had been made using a technique called Double Slider Card...The card I saw was made by Fran Ward but the technique used has been around for some time.

Her design gave me an idea for this Get Well Soon hop and also the Beetles and Bugs stamp set...I hadn't had a chance to use it yet....So, I did get rather excited.
 Hahahaha :)



Here is my card

So You Caught A Bug



#Toptenwinners #Internationalbloghighlights #KOCreationscards #Getwellsoon #Beetlesandbugs #Builditframleits #Doubleslidercard #Jaroflove


Card Stock and DSP :

  1. Thick Whisper White x 2 and 1/2 A4 sheets - 2 piece at 14.5cm x 10.5cm (FRONT and mechanism piece) 1 piece at 8.5cm high and 14.5cm front wide, this is the right slider with the pull out ribbon. I piece at 8.5cm x 13.5cm...this the left slider and only has the slightest edge showing when closed. And 1 optional backing card piece 29cm which is then folded down in half and cut to 10.5 cm wide. 1 piece for stamping the alphabet letters and 1 large bug.
  2. Inside the Lines Poppies sheet cut to match the card front.
  3. Silver Foil Sheet (Just enough to cut out a hammer and a circle.)
  4. Window Sheet

Ink Pads and Colouring Tools :

  1. Melon Mambo
  2. Pear Pizzaz
  3. Watermelon Wonder
  4. Calypso Coral
  5. Crushed Curry
  6. Real Red
  7. Tip Top Taupe
  8. Clear Wink of Stella
  9. Chocolate Chip
  10. Water Colour Pencils
  11. Aqua Painter
  12. Blender Pens
  13. Whisper White Re-Inker

Tools and Stamps sets :

  1. Jar Of Love stamp set
  2. Beetles and Bugs
  3. Labeler Alphabet
  4. Stitched Shapes Framelits 
  5. Layering Circles Framelits
  6. Big Shot 
  7. Build It Framelits
  8. Paper Piercing Tool or tweezers.

Adhesives :

  1. Tear and Tape
  2. Fine-Tip Glue Pen
  3. Glue Dots
  4. Foam Adhesive strips

Ephemera :

  1. Whisper White Organza Ribbon
  2. Rhinestone Basic Jewels
  3. 1 strip of 8cm wide x 20cm long plastic bag. To wrap around the mechanism card piece.

Open View

#Toptenwinners #Internationalbloghighlights #KOCreationscards #Getwellsoon #Beetlesandbugs #Builditframleits #Doubleslidercard #Jaroflove

Method

  1. I started by making sure all of my pieces had enough room to trim any tatty edges from after colouring and stamping had ben finished.
  2. I coloured the DSP first. I chose a piece that had a small bumble bee image in the corner.
  3. I then stamped the letters onto the whisper White making sure I had enough of each letter to complete my sentiments. I also stamped the outline of the largest bug here too. I also stamped the bugs inside colours before I fussy cut everything out (not the bugs legs)
  4. I stamped the outline of the bug onto a coloured flower.
  5. I layered the fussy cut bug over the stamped image and glued into place.
  6. I cut the silver foil and window sheets to make the magnifying glass and glued together using the fine-tip glue pen.
  7. I glued the magnifying glass and the sentiment to the DSP and the adhere that to the thick whisper white card stock.
  8. I proceeded to the inside slider parts. I stamped the bugs on one side and the jar with flowers and 2 small ladybirtds on the other. I asdded the pins to their backs. I then covered the bugs in Fine-Tip Glue to add dimension and shine...Some bugs also have clear wink of stella added for some sparkle. It rook around 30 minutes for the glue to dry completely so I could put everything together.
  9. I glued the sentiment over the jar image and added rhinestones.. 
  10. Stamp what ever image you would like inside the card to keep the theme going.

Slider Mechanism

  1. For the mechanism card piece...measure 1 cm in from both top and bottom corners on both ends. 
  2. Cut a line from one corner down to the other on both ends, so you have a slit either end. 
  3. Slide your plastic bag strip into one end, then pull and feed into the other. 
  4. Wrap all the way around and fasten close with tear and tape.
  5. Place the right hand slider so it hangs about 1cm over the right edge and so it is also level with the left slit underneath.
  6. Adhere this card piece to the plastic bag strip at the left slit side. 
  7. Place your left card slider under neath then turn everything over. Make sure you only have the slightest edge of the slider showing on the left side of the actual card front. 
  8. Line up then adhere as per right slider (but in reverse...hope that makes sense) 
  9. Check that all works by gently pulling the right slider card to your right. 
  10. Add ribbon and adhere with glue dots. 
  11. That's the mechanism completed now to close up!

Back to Method

Okay nearly done!
You will have noticed that the sliders are narrower than the card mechanism, front and back. This is so it slides smoothly.
  1. Put your slider machanism to it closed position. 
  2. Measure and cut foam adhesive strips for the top and bottom of the right slider card and a piece for the left end. 
  3. Peel backing and place your completed card front in place.
  4. Turn over and repeat steps 1 through to 3 but remember your short strip of adhesive foam will be on the right end now.
  5. OK time to add you card backing into position.
And we're finished...Whew that was one big operation!

But TOTALLY worth it

Just look at this gorgeous card!

Slider Open View


#Toptenwinners #Internationalbloghighlights #KOCreationscards #Getwellsoon #Beetlesandbugs #Builditframleits #Doubleslidercard #Jaroflove


Click HERE to see the video that I watched to learn how to make this Double Slider Card By Darlene DeVries.


A short video showing the movement of my Double Slider Card






P.S Sorry for my nails :o
Thank you so very much for stopping in and taking the time to view my blog. 
I have added a list of all the other talented top ten winners for you to see what other projects they will have for you to see below.









Don't forget Sale-A-Bration is still happening!
Spend $90 to earn one FREE product, you can choose anything from these products in the images below.

1st release Catty

No automatic alt text available.

2nd Release Catty

Image may contain: text


If you live in Australia and LOVE paper Crafting of any desription or perhaps you would like to earn extra money, then Stampin Up may be just the thing you need!
I am always looking for new people with a love of papercrafting to join my team.

Click HERE  to sign up and start getting your %20 discount on all your Stampin' Up! products!


If you would like to purchase any of the items I used to create my porject, I have aded them all to the carousal below for your convenience.







23 comments:

  1. Totally amazing. love the looking glass- very clever- and a beautiful way to show off the inside the lines DSP x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Petra :) I really enjoy colouring again...reminds me of being a kid lol

      Delete
  2. Cute card! I LOVE the Beetles and Bugs - such a fun way to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your double slider card! I have not made one of those before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole, I hope you get the chance one day soon x

      Delete
  4. Stunning card! The recipient will spend so much time playing with the mechanism, they'll forget they're sick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie :) I hope it helps one way or another. Either to bring a smile when much needed or to distract from their illness, or both :D

      Delete
  5. Wow, this is amazing! I love it, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kim....this is so clever, pretty, funny and cute all packed into one. I haven't made one of these for ages so you have inspired me to try them again. I love the bugs under the magnifying glass. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lou...I can't wait to see what you come up with :) I love your designs x

      Delete
  7. Another one on my to do list, thanks for sharing your tutorial. Ps loving the nails too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaahhahahaha thank you I forgot I had picked the nail polish off lol. Glad you liked my project x

      Delete
  8. OMG I LOVE this Kim! So original. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the front of your card - the colors are really pretty and the sentiment is cute... sure to cheer up the recipient! And a fun technique with the double slider!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Julie. I adore colouring and the slider technique is novel, isn't it !?!

      Delete
  10. WOW WOW WOW super amazing Kim! Congrats on being voted in the Top 10 you have created a super fun card with lots of personality x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Nicole...It was a surprise for sure :) But one I enjoyed. Your support is really appreciated xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)