Sunday 4 September 2016

Sweet Pears

Sweet Pears

Using the 'Fresh Fruit' Stamp set

I am creating cards for my MAKE & TAKES which is where I hold a workshop & teach techniques. These workshops are for all stages of this paper craft from beginner to intermediate to those more advanced who just wanting to create without cleaning up after themselves lol

My card creation today has been inspired by two challenges & will be used in one of my workshops coming soon.
The first inspiration was from the Global Design Project  #GDP051 Theme Challenge, the teams theme this week is FOOD

My other inspiration is the challenge from Pals Paper Arts, #PPA316 A sketch Challenge by Patti MacLeith


             




I chose to create today using the lovely  Pear stamp from the 'Fresh Fruit' Stamp set.I did this because Pears to me, have always mean't friendship & love ...So I looked up what pears symbolize & this is what I found.

"The pear is a symbol of affection in many cultures. In Chinese, the word li means both pear and separation, so it's said that to avoid a separation, friends and lovers should not divide pears between themselves."


 & here is my card


'SWEET PEARS'


#Freshfruit #Pears #Affection #KOCreationscards #Handmade #Cherrycobbler #Pearpizzazz #GDP #PPA

I chose to create the pears using Cherry Cobbler & Pear Pizzazz this made them look similar to the pear named Forelle, one of my faves :-) 


How I Made Sweet Pears :

  • First I cut my card base from 'Cherry Cobbler' to 16 cm x 11.5 cm.
  • The 'Pear Pizzazz' was cut to 15 cm x 11 cm.
  • On the right of the 'Pear Pizzazz' I cut a square using the 'Layering Square' Framelits. I used the straight edge square (the one that fits inside the largest scalloped edge square) 
  • I cut a scalloped edge frame from the Cherry Cobbler card stock by placing the plain square die inside the scalloped edge die, then running through the Big Shot.
  • I also cut a piece of Window Sheet using the same large scalloped edge square.
  • I put all pieces together using Multipurpose liquid glue (Tombow)
  • For the sentiment I added this in Whisper White "We Age Not By Years, But By Stories <3" I glued a small red Heart from the Brights Sequins over the stamped heart image.
  • I gently heated this with my heat tool by directing the heat onto the image stamped on the window sheet for 2-3 seconds at a time, then removing and repeating. I did this until the Craft ink became dry!
  • I added strips of the Foam Adhesive strips cut to length to create a shaker window
  • I added one finished red Pear and some hearts from the Brights Sequins pack.
  • Using the leaves from 'Serene Scenery' DSP I placed this under the shaker window onto the Foam Adhesive completing the shaker.

#Freshfruit #Pears #Affection #KOCreationscards #Handmade #Cherrycobbler #Pearpizzazz #GDP #PPA


For the Pears :

  • I dusted the 'Pear Pizzazz' card stock with the embossing buddy. 
  • I stamped 4 pears onto the 'Pear Pizzazz' (one of these pears went into the shaker window)
  • I used the outline stamp in versa mark & 'Cherry Cobbler' together, then adding clear Embossing Powder. I heated until all clear with my heat tool.
  • I then using the shading stamp.
  • I then added more depth with the 'Cherry Cobbler' ink pad & clear 'Wink of Stella' together
  • I fussy cut around all pears and the leaves.
  • I placed 3 of pears vertically but slightly off centre to each other onto a delicate White Doily folded to make an oval shape.
  • I placed this onto the reverse of the 'Serene Scenery' cut to 10.5 cm x 6 cm and inked around the edges in 'Cherry Cobbler'
  • 1 Pear went inside the Shaker Window.
#Freshfruit #Pears #Affection #KOCreationscards #Handmade #Cherrycobbler #Pearpizzazz #GDP #PPA

Inside :

  • I used a piece of Pear Pizzazz on the inside.
  • Under that I9 placed half a Delicate Doily.
  • I stamped onto this a single pear stamped slightly off the page, using the same steps (Minus the Versa Mark & Embossing) for the Pears above.
  • I cut some small strips into ribbons
  • I added the small sentiment to the Pear Pizzazz strip "P.S my best stories are with you"
  • I adhered all of this using Tear & Tape Adhesive.

If you have any questions please ask in comments below.

I hope you enjoyed my creativity today. If you are looking to purchase any of the items used for this card please refer to the carousel below.








Thank you for stopping by my blog today :-)

8 comments:

  1. Wow! The pears have such a perfect blush on them...beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my Blog Ann and being the one to take the time to comment on my efforts for this challenge.

      Delete
  2. Kim-- so glad you were able to get your card posted. It is GORGEOUS!! Thanks for using our sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patti :-) very happy you like my creative efforts x

      Delete
  3. This is just beautiful and elegant! Your directions and tips are soooo "spot on" - thanks for all of the extra work in sharing your talent. Thanks for playing with the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan....I am trying to make a stand for my phone atm,so I can create some videos :-) This will save me alot of writing time hehehe

      Delete
  4. you are certainly on a roll with your creations Kim.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)