Friday 24 June 2016

'Jar of Love' - Throw Kindness Around Like .... FISHES!?!


Happy Birthday!

This special Blog post has been scheduled just for today....
You see, I sent one of these cute cards to a sweet friend for their BIRTHDAY!!!!
AND
today is that day!! 

This person is also into card creating, like myself. 
But boy is this person talented! 
Soooooo, I wanted something I wouldn't be ashamed to send....
Something original, funny, cute and artistic!

BIG ask!
 lol

I had been seeing so many gorgeous 'Jar of Love' cards...I have even made a couple myself (yet to be blogged)
But they all seemed very similar....flowers in a jar, hearts in the jar,even a fish in a jar
 Another creator Stephanie Fischer had just made a card called 'Ahoy There' (no jars anywhere) BUT it gave me an idea :)

I thought,  'Lets tip the jar over a little so it's almost spilling it's contents but not quite!
And have fishies inside, Jumping OUT!'
I think to myself....WOW!, yes that sounds original & allowed myself a little WHOOP of joy.
 AND got to creating...

Here is it.....

Happy Birthday ! 


#Jaroflove #Happybirthday #frommetoyou #sentwithlove #KOCreationscards


#Jaroflove #Happybirthday #frommetoyou #sentwithlove #KOCreationscards

The little one on the right is my first effort. Then came version 2 .... not alot different but made a little larger, just so I could add some little extra detail & not overwhelm the card.


You are probably wondering what I did for the inside??? Can you see inside a little :) 

Ok I will stop teasing!
 hahahaa

Here is an open pic of the card.

I couldn't let the poor little fishies jump, not without having somewhere safe for them to land!

LOL
#Jaroflove #Happybirthday #frommetoyou #sentwithlove #KOCreationscards

I do hope she liked it...
As I scheduled this post on Sunday (19/6) and haven't as yet posted the card to her!!!
Gosh I am excited! hehehe

Anywho...

How I made my 'Jar of Love' cards:

  • I used Peek-a-boo Peach  A4 card stock & in colour backgrounds DSP. 
  • Thick Whisper White was used as my card base and for the fronts.
  • I used the 'Jar of Love' stamp set for the jars, stamped onto an acetate window sheet in Stazon Jet Black. 
  • The sentiment is a mixture of two from the same Jar of Love set and has been stapled together then attached using dimensionals.
  • I cut both jar outlines using Everyday Jars Framelits.
  • I coloured using my aqua painters and my Stampin' Write marker Island Indigo scribbled onto a stampin' block...I mixed  the blue at times with Craft Stampin Ink whisper White
  • For the inside I stamped the small jar in Stazon jet black as I didn't want it to bleed or run when painting my flowing water.
  • I stamped the fish in Peek-a-boo Peach and colored very carefully around it.
  • The flowers have been stamped in Peeka-boo-Peach while the leaves were stamped with Emerald Envy.
  • I added the smaller Rhinestones to the smaller flowers on one card.
  • I used the foam adhesive strips to frame up the fish jar (the one sent for the birthday) as it is a shaker card. I used it to raise the front on the smaller card. I used Stampin' Dimensionals under some flowers, to add more depth.


#Jaroflove #Happybirthday #frommetoyou #sentwithlove #KOCreationscards


If you would like to purchase any of these items please use the 'Carousel' 

below



26 comments:

  1. Oh Kim this is stunning love love love might have to "try" and case this one - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you Leisa and definitely go for it... Would love to see your version of this...it's way easier than it looks!

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love this!! It's just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most beautiful card I have received - handmade with LOVE and more! Thank you so much for Kim for making it specially for me. I adore it and will cherish it. You're so talented and inspirational. Keep up the great works! Many Thanks :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Juan thank you :0 I adore making cards for those that make me happy in life. Thank you for your friendship, it is an honour knowing you!

      Delete
  4. So ingenious! Your friend will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica. As far as I can tell from their reaction, it was a hit :)

      Delete
  5. This is so fun and playful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the most playful, fun card I have seen using this set Kim. It is an absolute delight when you open the card to see the little fish will be safely swimming in another jar, lol. Juana is lucky to have a friend like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula, I am lucky to have a friend like Juana too x

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness Kim, this is the cutest idea I've ever seen. How original and FUN! I spotted your card on Mary Fish's Pals Paper Arts and just had to check it out! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much Donna. Very happy you enjoyed it. It was very kind of Juana to share the card I made for her on her blog.

      Delete
    2. It was very sweet of her to share. Who wouldn't want to share that. I am just astounded at how fabulous it is!

      Delete
    3. Thank you again Donna I am over the moon with how much Juana & everyone else has responded & loved it too x

      Delete
  8. These are amazing cards! I use the Aqua Painters often, but I don't think I could achieve the look of the pouring and splashing water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MezzoKat, I am sure you could with just a little practice 🙂

      Delete
  9. Wat een ontzettend mooie kaart! Ik krijg er inspiratie van en ik weet zeker dat iedereen die zo'n kaart krijgt, heel erg blij is! Super.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The translation of my comment is very poorly. This is my comment:
    What a really beautiful card. It gives me inspiration and I'm sure that everyone who gets such a card, would be very happy. Great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Silvia, so happy to inspire xx I really appreciate you letting me know what the translation lost also.

      Delete
  11. Kim,

    I just found your card on Pinterest and could not pass through your blog without telling you how much fun I find your card! It is very original and even though you make it sound like getting the the pouring water painted just right with the aqua painters was easy, I have my doubts that it would be for me. I think that step of the process is truly your talent shining through! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marianne :) thank you so very much for all of your wonderfully kind comments. And a bit of practice is all it takes, as water colours are very forgiving :)

      Delete
  12. Kim,

    I just found your card on Pinterest and could not pass through your blog without telling you how much fun I find your card! It is very original and even though you make it sound like getting the the pouring water painted just right with the aqua painters was easy, I have my doubts that it would be for me. I think that step of the process is truly your talent shining through! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)