Friday 27 May 2016

#GDP037 - Colour Challenge


Admired, respected & loved....that's you.

Welcome to my blog.

Today I am blogging my card made for the Global Design Project team. This weeks challenge is based around color. You can see the colors that the team have chosen below. Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe & Island Indigo.


I chose for this card a more manly theme. I haven't made a male orientated card for a while, so I was excited. I used 'The Wilderness Awaits' &  'Lovely As A Tree' stamp sets. 

Here is my card

Admired, respected loved....

#KOCreationscards ##thewildernessawaits #lovelyasatree #GDP037

Before I started stamping on my Very Vanilla cardstock, I made masks of my images to help me create the scene. I then colored the scene using Tip Top Taupe, Island Indigo & Mint Macaron ink pads with my aqua painter. I added Gold Wink of Stella to the deer antlers.
I cut the stamped scene down to size using the Layering Squares thinlits. I also made the scalloped frame using the same thinlits set & backed it all with Tip Top Taupe cardstock. I had some Mint Macaron Birthday Bouquet DSP that I used as my background, which I backed with Island Indigo cardstock with Tear and Tape adhesive. 
I mounted almost everything using Stampin' Dimensionals, so the card has lots of layers.


#KOCreationscards ##thewildernessawaits #lovelyasatree #GDP037

Using the sentiment from 'The Wilderness Awaits' stamp set, I stamped with Mint Macaron onto Tip Top Taupe & then cut into little strips. Adding a small edge cut from the Burlap ribbon as an added accent under the last sentiment strip 'That's You'. I topped it all of with some Tip Top Taupe leaves stamped onto Very Vanilla, from the 'Lovely As A Tree' stamp set.




#KOCreationscards ##thewildernessawaits #lovelyasatree #GDP037

For the inside of this card, I used Very Vanilla.
I repeated the stamped leaves in Tip Top Taupe on two corners, leaving plenty of space for a personal message.


 The Layered Squares thinlits will be available from June 1st in the new catty.
Everything else I have used is available now & will also be in the upcoming catalog. I hope everyone has there copy.
If you haven't got your copy of the 2017-2017 catty please e-mail me with your postal details to kocreationshandmadecards@gmail.com & I will organize with you to have one sent.



8 comments:

  1. This is excellent Kim. I can tell a lot of work has gone into this card! You can never have enough masculine cards. Make sure you pin your project to the official Global Design Project Pinterest Board. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kim, love the nature scene you have created and a sense of movement flowing through by the staggered sentiment and flowing leaves. Perfect theme and colours for a male card. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juan :) I appreciate you noticing what I have effect I have tried to emulate x

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge. Your card is wonderful, love the layering of images with Lovely As a Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these wilderness stamps and you've combined then well with the trees. Inspiring me to get these stamp sets. Thanks for playing along with Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shawn, I have had these sets for a while and loved any opportunity to use them :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)