Friday 20 October 2017

Ink It! Stamp It! Design Team Blog Hop - Technique


Welcome back everyone 😊
I am hopping today as part of the fabulous Ink It Stamp It! Design Team.
This month we will be sharing projects inspired by our favourite techniques. 
My favourite technique is Smooshing. 


#KOCreationscards #Stampinblends #Smooshing #Christmsacards #Cardmaking #Seasonofjoy
 

The full line up below will guide through all the projects and we'd love to hear from you on what your favourite technique is ? 

#KOCreationscards #Stampinblends #Smooshing #Christmsacards #Cardmaking #Seasonofjoy

I used this technique with the new Stampin' Blends.
 Stampin Up!'s soon to be released Alcohol Blending pens that us Demo's got to pre-order recently. 
Part of the perks of being a Demo 😍 



We get some time to learn how to use new products such as these, before they become available to you, our customers.
These markers will be avialble from the 1st of November!


You are ALL going to LOVE them!

They are super easy to use and each available colour has a light and a dark shade plus there are 2 skin tones and a colour lifter!
Here is a better picture of my smooshing and the resulting card of my play with these new pens.

Season Of Joy


#KOCreationscards #Stampinblends #Smooshing #Christmsacards #Cardmaking #Seasonofjoy


To achieve this effect for my smooshed background I used my Stampin' Blends on a clear Stamp Block. 
  1. Just scribble the alcohol pens onto the clear block in the colours of your choice. 
  2. Then pour on a small amount of alcohol blending solution over the scribbled colours, this re wets the inked area.
  3. Then turn upside down onto the glossy white card stock. 
  4. Smoosh around until the colours blend and you get a look you like.
  5.  Dab off excess with a baby wipe. 
Repeat steps 1 through 5 for darker colours.

The Stamp and Thinlits set I used are from the Christmas Pines set. 
The little flower is part of the Blossom Builder punch. 
The little swirls of paper are the trimmings from my card base edges. I really like the way these little scrappy pieces look on the card.
What do you think?

I finished this all of with some Gold Enamel shapes and a sentiment in the bottom right corner.

A super simple yet so very effective Christmas Card!


Thank you so much for joining us today. We hope you'll join us again next month to see our Christmas  projects. I'm Kim Oliver and to keep hopping around see the list below to see who is up next.








If you are searching to purchase any of the items (other than the Stampin Blends) then please use the carousel below. It has all items listed and is linked directly to my store.




Thank you so much for visiting today.
If you have any questions please use the comments section below.
I always reply 😉

12 comments:

  1. Dry. Dry cool - aren't the blends just so cool?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolina, although I am not sure what you mean by dry lol

      Delete
  2. Great technique and the finished card is just stunning with that gorgeous white foliage to contrast with the beautiful colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie, I love experimenting 😊

      Delete
  3. Love your background. Questions: What is the Alcohol Blending Solution? I've not heard of that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, thanks for asking. It's called isopropyl and is used for many trades from hairdressing to painting. You should find it in any good craft store x

      Delete
  4. Love the look of your card. I'll have to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kim, what an amazing background and card you've created. Might need to try this out, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsten, have fun :) Can't wait to see what you do x

      Delete
  6. I can see we having alot of fun with this technique Kim....thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)