Friday 22 September 2017

Ink It! Stamp It! - Holiday Catalogue

No automatic alt text available.

Welcome back everyone 😊
And welcome to the Ink it! Stamp it! Blog Hop. 
This month we will be sharing projects inspired by our projects created using products from the 2017 Holiday Catalogue. 
The full line up below will guide through all the projects and we'd love to hear from you on what your favourite item is from the new catalogue.

I chose to use 2 stamp set called 'Snowflake Sentiments' and the 'Merry Little Labels' for my card today along with a couple of techniques to create my card with. 
One technique is water colour washing, this was combined with another technique, called resist emboss. I also used a masking technique to stamp the silhouette images at the bottom of the card.

Seasons Greetings


#KOCreationscards #Snowflakescenes #DIY #Cardmaking #Rubberstamping #Resistemboss #Watercolour #Watercolor #Stampinup

Basic Instructions.
To start my scene, I taped up around the edge piece of a piece of water colour paper. 
I then wet the paper with a large brush. 
I applied my colours, with the card stock wet the colour travels and blends without leaving any harsh lines.
I heat dried the first  layer of colours.
 Once done, I embossed the snowflakes in white embossing powder and repeated the water colour wash over the top to strengthen the colours, making them more vibrant. 
I left this to dry naturally.

When this was completely dry, I stamped my images by repeat stamping a stamp fro the 'Merry Little Labels' set. 
I then used my black Stampin' Write marker to fill in some areas with larger silhouettes of pine tree shapes.

I used my versamark re-fill and a small brush to apply versamark to the tree line and some ground area, dusting this with white embossing powder and then heating until smooth.
This gave the effect of snow coverage on the trees.
 When the scene was complete I trimmed it down to size and backed it onto basic black card stock.

The sentiment has also been embossed using the white embossing powder then trimmed to a banner and glued in place.

Well, what do you think?

Me I really like the effect, and that sweet little deer silhouette just makes it 😊


Thank you so much for joining us today. We hope you'll join us again next month to see our hop all about techniques

To continue moving through the hop please click the name directly after mine







If you are searching for any of the items I used to create my card with today then please use the carousel below. It has all items listed for your convenience 😊



If you have any questions please ask them in the comment section below. 
I always reply!

5 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome! I love the silhouettes against the gorgeous background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty background for your stunning card!! Thanks for explaining the steps to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea of using a brush with the versamark refill! Stunning card Kim, love the silhouttes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two words babe.....LOVE IT!!! Love the colours and thanks for the tip with the versamark too....will definitely be trying that

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Kim, gorgeous card. Love your background blending. What a great idea to add a little snow using your re-inker.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)